by Jen McPherson on May 24, 2006 in Peripherals
There are many scanners out there today that boast a great deal of features that would be appealing to the casual user and the professional alike. Today we are looking at the HP Scanjet 4890. It has many great features, one that most impresses me, film scanning. Want to know more? Read on!
Today scanners are a must have for just about any profession, from artists to business owners, or just every day home use. Scanning important documents, drawings, and photos is a great way to keep files organized and saved on your home/work PC. There are many scanners out there today that boast a great deal of features that would be appealing to the casual user and the professional alike. Today we are looking at the HP Scanjet 4890. It has many great features, one that most impresses me, film scanning.
- Desktop Functionality
- Flatbed scanner with transparent materials adapter (TMA)
- Optical Resolution- 4800×9600
- Selectable Resolution- 12 dpi to 999,999 enhanced dpi at 100 percent scaling
- Interface- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Control panel buttons Copy , Scan
- Scanning element- Charged-Coupled Device (CCD)
- Media Types- Paper, up to sixteen 35mm slides, 30 negative frames, 6 medium-format film, or 1 large-format film.
- Size- 19.88×11.81×4.21 inches
- Weight 11.42 lbs (5.19 kg)
- AC line voltage- 100-240V 50/60 Hz
- Compatibility- Mac , PC
- OS Required Apple MacOS X 10.2 , Microsoft Windows 2000 , Microsoft Windows 98 , Microsoft Windows ME , Microsoft Windows XP
- Temperature- Operating the scanner and TMA: 10 to 35 C (50 to 95 F)
- Humidity Operating Range- 15-80%
- Stunning photo quality
- Get leading resolution at 4800 x 9600 dpi and 48-bit color.
- Scan photos to make beautiful, true-to-original reprints, share with others or save on your PC.
- Scan important documents and get the same crisp text as the original.
- A built-in adapter scans up to 16 slides (35 mm) or 30 negative frames, plus other film sizes.
- The fastest way to scan multiple images into individual filesabout 10 seconds per image.
- Get copies using a one-touch button that sends a scan directly to your default printer.
- Remove dust and scratches or restore faded color from scanned images with HP Real Life technologies.
- Remove red eye and brighten dark areas using HP Real Life technologies.
- Organize, edit, enhance and save photos and create photo projects with HP Image Zone software.
- E-mail photos without large file attachments or downloads using HP Instant Share.
- Edit text from scanned documents using included OCR software and save as favorite file types.
- Fit large, bulky items under an adjustable lid and scan 3-D objects such as jewelry and mementos.
The scanner arrived in a simple box with a nice informative layout and simple design. It also had a box handle to lug the thing around. It was packaged well and secure, for nothing rattled around violently within the box.
- Scanner with built-in transparent materials adapter (TMA) in the scanner lid for scanning film.
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cord
- Users Manual
- Set up poster
- Warranty Sheet
- HP Image Zone Disk
- 3 TMA templates for scanning film