by Ben Blumenthal on April 26, 2006 in Mid-Tower
Are you sick of having a computer case that doesn’t make much of a statement? Do you want your room to look like something straight out of a gamer’s den? Logisys realizes that some of you do, so they make clear acrylic cases to fit your needs.
This is all and good for everyone who is only concerned with looks. I know that most of you gamers and overclockers are just itching to hear about the temperatures. Well, here’s some good news. The setup is pretty efficient and the ambient temperature is within 2 degrees celcius of the room temperature with the cpu at idle..
.. and only rises another 4-5 celcius under load.
As you can see, the hard drive temperatures are very acceptable as well. On top of the decent temperatures, the provided fans are pretty quiet, and the only audible noise is the rush of air. There are no rattles, and no noisy bearings, either. This is a VERY welcomed improvement over the ThermalTake Volcano 9 that I use normally.
So, let’s wrap this up. This case is certainly something different, with a flair all of its own.
- The packaging was really impressive, which seems like a small thing, but it was a good start.
- The overall effect is pretty neat looking, a good flashy case to show off to your friends, or to show off the high power hardware you may be running
- The cooling qualities of the case are quite exceptional
- The bad spacing of the motherboard mounts was a large letdown
- No place to route cables out of view
- Not an easy case to work on, or keep uncluttered.
If it weren’t for the motherboard mounts, (I know, I’m harping on this) I would give it an 8, but otherwise I have to bump it down to a 7.
Discuss in our forums
If you would like to discuss this review in our forums, jump right over to the related thread. You do not have to register in order to post.