by Ryan Perry on May 16, 2012 in Full-Tower
From cases to cooling, NZXT has something for everyone – and for every budget. With this review, we’re taking a look at the company’s Switch 810 full-tower chassis, designed for those who want solid design, big space, effective cooling, and can appreciate other smaller features not often seen on the competition’s products.
The Switch 810 is a winner from start to finish although I’m not completely sold on the looks. The mesh and soft touch accents look great alongside the high gloss finish, but the amount of plastic tends to give it a bit of a cheap look, but it’s hard to use anything else due to the gigantic removable covers. With that said, the plastic is very strong and at no time did I feel as if it would snap. Overall the build quality is typical NZXT with no flexing observed while installing our test system.
If you want features you’ve come to the right place too. Nearly any cooling configuration is supported whether using air or water, there’s lots of room for components, many options for storage and the LED lighting on the back panel is probably the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. Some might be wondering why I’m getting so worked up about it, but it’s a little feature that would go a long way based on my day to day usage.
From storage options to cooling performance you simply can’t go wrong. I wasn’t able to find the Switch 810 available on any of the larger online retailers but NZXT has it listed on its site for a penny shy of $170 USD. It certainly isn’t a cheap case but you get more than what you pay for…almost. It seems silly that a case in this price point doesn’t come with a SATA cable for the hot swap bay although most users will have a spare kicking around.
If that’s all I have to complain about then I’d say this case is worthy of a shiny Editor’s Choice award, so with a poorly-timed joke, a late review and busted knees still pending, this review of the Switch 810 is in the bag.
- Air or water, there are a ton of cooling configuration options
- Included 140mm fans ensure good airflow right out of the box
- Supports a triple-sized radiator for water cooling (360mm)
- Tiltable 140mm internal fan for directing airflow where it’s needed most
- Lots of space – you’ll have a hard time filling this beast up
- Build quality is solid; what we’ve come to expect from NZXT
- LED lighting on back panel is a nice touch
- Holds up well when a courier wants to bully it before it gets to you
- Given how much plastic is used, some might find this case to look cheap
- Not an ideal case if silence is your concern
NZXT Switch 810 Full-Tower Chassis
Discuss this article in our forums!
Have a comment you wish to make on this article? Recommendations? Criticism? Feel free to head over to our related thread and put your words to our virtual paper! There is no requirement to register in order to respond to these threads, but it sure doesn’t hurt!