by Rob Williams on October 5, 2005 in Cases & PSUs, Cooling
Titan likes to be unique, and it’s very apparent in their product line-up. We are going to take a look at their Robela case, that’s far from being ordinary. Packed inside is a full fledged water cooling set-up, but also includes many of the features you look for in a regular case.
The Robela case was a release from Titan that came without a warning. They have been making a variety of cooling products over the last while, including the Vanessa L-Type CPU cooler we reviewed back in July. They have one goal for the Robela, and that’s to do a better job than anyone else when it comes to keeping your computer cool with water. They are so confident, that they urged we use a high end CPU and GPU to really push the limits and test the cases capabilities. Before we jump into the review, here is a quick bio about Titan.
TITAN is headquartered in Taiwan and has its own two factories, total approximate 20,000 square meters. Both are located in Guang Dong- China, China. There are around 1200 employees, which provide combined efforts a production capacity of over 1.2 million units per month. TITAN is also leading manufacturer of various thermal products such as: CPU Coolers, VGA Coolers, H.D.D coolers, System Blowers, D.C fans, Heatsinks in comprehensive solution of cooling systems in different applications of PC systems. We have just launched the newest design; the superior water cooling kit combined water and air-cooling in the world; the performance is excellent to reduce heat problems and operates at minimal noise levels. To keep advance with the fast changing market; new models are launched every 1-2 months to meet your requirements.
One thing that adds to Titan’s uniqueness, is that for each and every product they launch, they assign a fictional heroine to grace the packaging. Even more, they supply wallpapers as well, to coincide with the product. If you are interested in the 1280*1024 version of the Robela wallpaper, you can grab it below.
The Titan Robela comes in four varieties, which are described below:
- TWC-A88/AS (Solid silver aluminum front panel)
- TWC-A88/BS (Shiny silver metallic coating on the ABS plastic front panel)
- TWC-A88/AB (Solid black aluminum front panel)
- TWC-A88/BB (Shiny black/silver metallic coating on the ABS plastic front panel)
We are going to be taking a look at the A88/BS model in our review. Here are more technical specifications for the case:
- Deluxe water cooling chassis
- Excellent heat dissipation for CPU, GPU and inside the case
- CPU : compatible with Intel P3, P4 (Socket 478/775), AMD K7, K8 (Socket 754/939/940)
- GPU : compatible with most ATI and NVIDIA VGA cards
- Easy installation
- Super cooling radiator design with 12cm x 2 silent fans to provide ultimate heat dissipation
- Cool light multi-function LCD panel to monitor the water level, water pump status, fan speed, noise level and temperature
- Alarm for pump failure, fan failure, low water level, and over temperature
- Compatible with Micro ATX, Standard ATX and Extended ATX (Dual CPU) motherboards
- Including tool-free 5.25 and 3.5 device brackets and tool-free PCI slots