View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
NicePants42
Partition Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Even that Sunbeam controller is only good for 4 fans.
Product Link, allow me to emphasize: The best part is that each channel can provide 20 total watts of output so you can power as many fans as you want, as long as you do not exceed 20W per channel.

This would explain why the 8 fans in my case have been pleasantly throttled down since January, where the Kama-meter burned out after about 9hrs of operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
If you need to control more than 4 fans then you did not setup or modify your case properly. Excellent airflow can be had with 1 intake and 1 exhaust fan......
The Silverstone TJ07 comes with 6 fans stock. Here is a link to my current setup. My Opty 165 is running at 2.8ghz, both X1900s are overclocked to max in CCC (I haven't been able to get Xfire OC'ing to work with 3rd party apps) and the thing is barely audible (except for the damn 'Silencer 750' under load, which will be replaced). Where did I go wrong, b1lk1?

It's not just about only having 4 fans, either. It's about being able to turn a single dial and control all the fans on a given radiator, for instance. It's about having an elegant solution, to quote my former programming professor.

Last edited by NicePants42; 07-18-2007 at 05:37 PM.
NicePants42 is offline   Reply With Quote