View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #14
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This keyboard works great even without drivers installed. Im equally impressed with the fact that it displays on the monitor what Fn buttons you press without a driver (hardware?). My only single gripe is that they would make an "on/off" Fn key instead of pressing two buttons. I use the F keys alot for my web design/programming work so the swap Fn option doesnt really work for me.
Glad you like the keyboard! What do you mean by displaying the Fn key on the screen, exactly? I have never seen anything like that, but if you're using an OS that has visual cues on screen for turning the volume up and down, and other things like that, then the keyboard should still cue it fine without a driver. In Linux, my Logitech keyboard still works great without a driver. If I pause my music, I get a visual cue, and likewise for volume. That depends more on the OS than the driver (unless the driver actually adds this of course).

I agree on the Fn key lock as well. It's a bit strange how some of Logitech's keyboards use either of the two methods. I suppose as this Illuminated KB is more reminscent of a laptop keyboard, Logitech figured it'd be more natural to use an Fn key rather than an Fn lock.

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote