Kayden
Techgage Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tired2Tango View Post
What part of...

Quote:
Case in point... I recently had a system come to me with power problems
Did you not understand?

Actually, I'm talking about an entire computer that straighened out and flew right with a much cheaper, much less power hungry, cooler running, video card.

Even patching in a higher rated supply didn't bring that level of improvement.
I understood that and ran with what you said. I wasn't trying to get you upset so just calm down for a sec, so I can bring you into the fold of where my head is at.

If there is a problem with power and a lower power rated card resolves the problem, then it's a problem for the psu and if putting in another one doesn't fix it then you now have two problems to sort, this 2nd being a driver issue. I know there is one because you had to remove the Nvidia driver and then install ATI drivers, then it started to work just fine. What I don't understand is if you saw the ATI card work better, why didn't you reinstall the Nvidia card and install it's drivers again, to see if there was a performance difference from when it was originally in there? What I would have done is put that video card back in with the slaved psu, if it worked fine I would then reconnect the original psu and see if it worked, the problem might have been driver all along, but that's how I would have gone about looking at the problem.

I am sorry if it caused an upset dude but I only had certain amount info to work with and made the best logically conclusions I could, but I just didn't agree with your process about ts, not about if you think Nvidia or Ati is better.
Koolance PC4-1036BK Liquid Cooled Aluminum Full Tower Case (Upgraded to displace 1320watt of heat) - Koolance 360 ver 1.2 CPU Water Block - PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Fluid - Asus P6X58D Premium - Intel I7 950 - Evga GTX580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 x2 in SLI - Tt SMART M1200W PSU - Kingston HyperX 12GB 1600 XMP - Klipsch 5.1 THX Cert Speakers - Sata II OCZ Vertex 4 128GB, Kingston 120GB SV300, WD 2TB, & 320GB - Seagate 1TB - Cyborg RAT 7 MMO Mouse - Logitech G19 - Logitech G13 Gameboard - 1-over-3 Viewsonic's VA2448M-LED 24-Inch for Nvidia Surround - Ergotech Triple Horizontal LCD Monitor Arm Desk Stand

Kayden is online now   Reply With Quote