View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #7
Optix
Basket Chassis

I liked the rubber fan mounts to be honest. They were a bit tricky the first couple of times but they release very easily if you need to remove the fans in a hurry. Plus they're great at absorbing vibration because they keep the fan frame isolated from the aluminum fins of the cooler.

Most coolers that I have used that don't secure in the four corners can be moved. The Zalman CNSP7X could, the Thermaltake Jing and Frio OCK could and the Havik 140 would. It's just the way things go when you mount a cooler on one axis. Locking it down in four corners, regardless of whether it's Intel or AMD is always the way to go.

Even with a flat base the cooler came in behind the H70 so that would be one of those instances where it pays to check the reviews. You could try going back to NZXT to see if they will replace it with one that has a flat base but even still it won't be able to match the H70.

Intel i5 3570K, MSI Z77Z-GD55, 4x2GB Kingston Genesis 2133mhz, 120GB Mushkin Chronos SSD, 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue, Intel 210 cache drive, MSI 7850 Power Edition OC, Corsair H100, Silverstone Strider 750w Gold, Killer2100 NIC, Corsair 600T SE White, LG W2242, ROCCAT Kone+, Isku & Kave, 3TB Seagate Backup+, 200GB Western Digital Scorpio Black external drive

Optix is offline   Reply With Quote