View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #3
Tharic-Nar
Techgage Staff

The forums at Corsair are becoming rather energetic with impatience over a software update, since it's been over 4 months now since the beta release. Too be honest, I don't blame them either. I was fully expecting an update by the time this review was released, but nothing.

In an unrelated note though, browsing the forums lead me to find out about keyboard modding, and in this specific case, sound dampeners for keys to prevent bottoming-out (pushing the key all the way down and making a very audible click).

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.p...dampeners.html

There's a video at the end which gives you a good idea of the noise suppression. At $14 for a pack of rubber washers, it's a bit excessive really, but could find another supplier or similar stock of washers the same size. Wonder if could get these silicone washers for fans to fit...
PSU: Corsair 1000HX - Case: Thermaltake Xaser VI Full Tower - CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 @3.8GHz - Cooler: Thermaltake FRIO - Motherboard: ASUS P67 Sabertooth - Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP Arctic 1600 - GPU: 2x AMD Radeon HD 5870 - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB 6Gb/s - Audio: ASUS Xonar DX + Corsair HS1 USB Headset

K/B: Corsair K90 - Mouse: Corsair M60 - Monitor: DELL U2410 - Speakers: Corsair SP2500 - Headset: Corsair HS1A - Mic: Blue Yeti USB Microphone

- I need Fiber to fix my Irregular Bandwidth Syndrome -
Tharic-Nar is offline   Reply With Quote