View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #4
Tharic-Nar
Techgage Staff

The Yeti I picked up was going really cheap at the time. Think I paid 65 for it at the time, 2 weeks later, the price shot up to 115, so yeah, kind of got lucky like you.

The problem with gel or rubber pads is that it won't help much when typing or moving the mouse around on the desk. I tried the stacked mouse mat trick, you get 5 or 6 rubber mouse mats on top of each other and put the mic on top of that; some of the vibration from me typing was still getting through. It sounded like I was in the middle of an earthquake when typing due to the rumble, but the Yeti is really sensitive too.

A couple months ago, I picked up a boom arm. It came with an integrated mono XLR cable, but the springs are really stiff. The Yeti is not a light microphone, it's huge and heavy; the Samson PSO1 pop filter is also heavy. The two combined on the end of the mic stand... it didn't budge and is still really stiff. Was very surprised. I would link it, but it was unbranded and from the UK, so I have no idea what it was. The closest i can find in the US is this...

http://www.amazon.com/Broadcasting-S...microphone+arm

That comes with a shock mount too, mine did not. I wouldn't feel comfortable saying they are the same, but they are damn near close. Even down to the g-mount for the desk. Excuse the mess, but this is near enough my setup (though I have since moved things around).

PSU: Corsair 1000HX - Case: Thermaltake Xaser VI Full Tower - CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 @3.8GHz - Cooler: Thermaltake FRIO - Motherboard: ASUS P67 Sabertooth - Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP Arctic 1600 - GPU: 2x AMD Radeon HD 5870 - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB 6Gb/s +1TB +2TB storage - Audio: ODAC + O2 Amp, ASUS Xonar DX
K/B: Corsair K90 - Mouse: ROCCAT KONE XTD - Monitor: DELL U2410 - Speakers: Corsair SP2500 - Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 - Mic: Blue Yeti USB Microphone

- I need Fiber to fix my Irregular Bandwidth Syndrome -
Tharic-Nar is online now   Reply With Quote