View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 11:28 PM   #9
zacharyt1122
Obliviot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optix View Post
I'm a certified non-believer in mechanical switch technology. It's just too loud. Lately I find that even membrane keyboards tend to be too clicky for my tastes, but then again I've always been a really fast, really heavy typer.

I've been clocked at 115 WPM.

Own horn <--- TOOT, TOOT!

Give me a keyboard with laptop style scissor switches any day.
Its not about the speed I can type with it, its the beautiful feel of typing on it. It was like when I made the switch from an auto to a stick car, they may both get me from point a to b but the journey is more satisfying. The K70 makes it more engaging with every press and has the positive click of a finely crafted bolt action rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Williams View Post
I use red, and it's not that much louder than standard keyboards. If it is to you, you can just add some dampeners which will put it in line with membrane boards.

As for scissor switches, it's all about the feel of the feedback that people like with mechanicals. I don't really like the feedback on laptops.

That all said, I prefer red over anything, because other switches I've used have just been way, way too loud. So loud, someone two rooms away could hear it even with my door closed. That's kind of ridiculous.
The reds to me are too twitchy, awesome for fast action games but not as precise as the blues. That said, that's why I opted to have 2 keyboards. Thankfully I have a big enough desk to keep both on, and I can have one in the PS/2 port and the other in USB and both work at once, I can just move one out the way when I'm ready for the other. And thanks for that link Rob, I have a feeling this won't be my last 2 mechanicals. I'm even eying a Ducky Shine (gotta resist the urge...)
zacharyt1122 is offline   Reply With Quote