View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #10
Tharic-Nar
Techgage Staff

That's been my thing with red keys, they are not that great for typing due to being so responsive. I'm a sloppy typist, my fingers have a habit of grazing other keys. Under those conditions with a normal keyboard, those grazes don't register. With the red keys, just a slight depression and they'll register. I guess in some way that'll improve my typing, since it forces me to be more precise with my key presses; on the other hand, it's really annoying.

The first time I used reds for gaming, it really was quite the revelation, even for less critical things like MMOs; you reflexively hit the key, and before you finish, it's already activated. The other thing as well, was the weight of the key, reduced strain on the fingers. Typing on a rubber dome keyboard now starts to aggravate my RSI within an hour. Who'd have thought an extra 10-20 grams would make such a difference on RSI.
PSU: Corsair 1000HX - Case: Thermaltake Xaser VI Full Tower - CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 @3.8GHz - Cooler: Thermaltake FRIO - Motherboard: ASUS P67 Sabertooth - Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP Arctic 1600 - GPU: 2x AMD Radeon HD 5870 - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB 6Gb/s +1TB +2TB storage - Audio: ODAC + O2 Amp, ASUS Xonar DX
K/B: Corsair K90 - Mouse: ROCCAT KONE XTD - Monitor: DELL U2410 - Speakers: Corsair SP2500 - Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 - Mic: Blue Yeti USB Microphone

- I need Fiber to fix my Irregular Bandwidth Syndrome -
Tharic-Nar is offline   Reply With Quote