Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:41 AM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default Saitek X-52 Pro Flight Control System

If you are in search of a killer flight control system, Saitek has you covered. They claim their X52 comes closer to "reality" than any other. Let's take it for a spi... flight.

You can read the full review here and discuss it here!

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:21 AM   #2
Rory Buszka
Super Moderator

Pat Poole = New? Or just a guest writer?

Rory Buszka
Rory Buszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:32 AM   #3
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Guest writer, but he's free to write more reviews if he likes.

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:57 PM   #4
Rory Buszka
Super Moderator

Awesome. Welcome to the fray, Pat.

Rory Buszka
Rory Buszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:00 PM   #5
Unregistered
Guest Poster

I think that the links to items on the main page are incorrect - they link to the X-52 system, not the X-52 PRO system.
The proper link is: here (Amazon.com).
Old 04-07-2007, 06:23 AM   #6
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Pat.... you've never heard of CH or Cougar have you? "Perfection?"
Old 04-08-2007, 09:34 AM   #7
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Talking

I have the X-52 and it was all ready an awesome flight stick. The fact they made a pro version of this flight stick proves flight/space sims aren't dead!
Old 04-10-2007, 06:52 PM   #8
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default Saitek X52 Pro Profiles

Hi Guys,
I'm a noob with enough money to waist that I get top shelf stuff but have mid range abilities.

Anyone know where I can get profiles for this new set up. Saitek says I cannot use X52 profiles and they;ve made none for the pro version.

Any help would be appreciated.

AirCavMoby
usaircav.net
Old 04-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #9
Lord_Sidious
Guest Poster

Hey guys, a dumb question for you. Do you know of a way to get drivers to work in Windows Server 2003 with service pack 1?
I have looked around and I can't find anything.
Thanks for any help.
Old 05-26-2007, 04:06 AM   #10
dmg
Guest Poster

Thumbs up its awsome however....

just be sure not to use a usb hub.....very strange occured when i did. A few nice things to add, like the fact that they included holes in both the bases of the throttle and the stick for mounting to wood surfaces. A very nice touch if you intend to do as i did and build yourself a laptray for your controls. The new saitek rudder pedals are a key touch as well since the stick has a mechanism which will lock the twist function if you so desire.
My only complaint is the lack of profiles. We all know that programming these things for 5-10 flightsims can be a real pain in the butt. Google all you want and many of the popular sims just dont have profiles out there. I do have an instance as well where many of the funtions cannot be programmed however this is more of the developer of the games fault {lock on: modern air combat}. With lock on you cant reprogram the target selection to avoid using the hat with an alt command. The greatest thing about the x52 pro is its many trims and pov's. That game will not see the pov on the front side of the throttle for use with target selection.
The same game wont allow reprogramming of the whell brake to the toe brake of the saitek rudder pedals. None of these issues are saiteks fault though, and saitek does give you the ability to make your profiles so that a particular pov represents a keystroke or the rudder toe brake as well.
In the end you do have the ability to have your ice cream and eat it too, but it will require both profiling and in game control adjustments, and it will take some time. Its very worth it though!
Someone mentioned the cougar hotas from thrustmaster and the ch. Both are very respectible f16 style flight sticks. Neither offer the trim ability of the x52pro though. The reliability of the pots and switches in both of those units hasnt lived up to that of the saitek either. That is why the cougar has a large community of modders who spend the extra bank to change all the bad parts out. Even still, having used one myself i can honesty say that the only legit plus about the cougar is the resistance. Other then that is it overrated and drooled on simply because of its marketing as an authentic f16 replica.....hate to break it to ya but the f16 is old, and weve seen alot of change since its conception. Take a look in the cockpit of an f22 or f35 and what youll see looks a bit more like an x52 pro.....minus the knuckle guard of course. btw, i havent tried yet but it looks like the knuckle guard might be detachable though i prefer it since it does have a nice hand rest built onto it.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:00 AM   #11
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Agree on the cougar; that casing is steel and solid; their pots and switches go bad after some time. I am finished with mine and do not want to spend a truckload to mod the cougar to decent standards.. Had a Saitek before and should have stayed with it for ease of use and comfort! Much more friendly for wrists and hands. Downside is that some bad Saitek sticks drift around; if you have trouble with their stuff it is not easy to get out of it.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #12
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default Saitek x52pro profiles for FS 9 and 10

OK, I give Up!......

I have been unable to find any PROFILES for this new joystick..

I am looking for FS 2004 and FS 10 profiles for the x52pro.

Please advise me as to were to get these ?????
Old 07-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #13
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default X52PRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OK, I give Up!......

i GIVE UP TO looking for programs that allow you to use the display and the profiles
but no joy at a 100 u would expect more
if i find i but link here
Old 07-16-2008, 07:02 PM   #14
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Smile profiles

Quote:
OK, I give Up!......

found link not best but start
http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/down/x52pro.htm
Old 07-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #15
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Smile profiles

Quote:
found link not best but start
the link got profiles for flight sim yippee