Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Old 08-16-2005, 09:24 PM   #16
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Talking 20/48?

Ideally a soundcard test ought to plug the line out into a real stereo amp,some real speakers. The best "computer" speakers are no match for a mid-grade stereo. It seemed to say the analog in/out is just 20/48 rather than a 24/96 like the M-Audio. To me,that's major. A card like the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz can do 20/48. Why is this important? I don't play games BUT I have a lot of music on analog. I also have friends who are musicians. Ability to digitize or record at 24/96 or 24/192 is big to me,and while the Envy supports that-there seems to be cost cuts at the ADC and input circuits so the card is limited. I'd hope too to see a signal to noise ratio posted-curious that Chaintech had no SN specs...actually,few specs on site. My hunch is this is perhaps a cut above most Creative cards-in some areas,maybe much better,but is no rival to the semi-pro stuff like the M Audio cards. Nice at the price.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:37 PM   #17
Unregistered
Guest Poster

The AV-710 IS capable of 24/96 (stereo) out, enabled in high-sample-rate-mode via the Wolson DAC.

For stereo audio, the AV-710 isn't just a 'cut above' Creative's offerings, it's miles above them, and is why the AV-710 has acquired an almost cult following amongst audiophiles looking for accurate audio reproduction without a ridiculous price tag.

If you cruise through head-fi forums, many people rate the stereo capabilites of the AV-710 above those of the M-Audio Revo 7.1; although the M-Audio 5.1 is a step above either,

Tags
None