Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > General > Off Topic

Off Topic All non-tech chat belongs here.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:53 AM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default How stupid can one be?

Seriously?

It goes without saying that talking whilst driving (let alone texting) isn't exactly the safest practice, and unfortunately for a British teenager, she could have four solid years to think about it. Rachel Begg, who was found to have used her cellphone nine different times in the 15 minutes prior to crashing into a grandmother's vehicle and subsequently killing her, was recently found guilty and sentenced to four years in prison. To make matters worse, Begg was driving nearly 70 miles-per-hour on a dark, rainy night, and the judge reportedly emphasized how costly her lack of reason was. Better leave the texting 'til after the ride's over, eh?

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/22/b...related-death/

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
NicePants42
Partition Master

I heard that the cause of the crash was actually the track Pioneer to the Falls. Police speculate that the accident may have been avoided if the girl had the sense to skip over this track.

Seriously though, it's amazing what you can see on the road - the things that some people will risk in order to save a few seconds (if that) is amazing.
NicePants42 is offline   Reply With Quote