Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Old 10-16-2005, 05:08 PM   #16
The Crow
Guest Poster

Default Thermal Wires

Ok so you know the thermal wires with the orange stickers at the ends of them, i have three of them, one for the CPU, one labelled SYS-R and one SYS-F where do I put these? I can guess where the CPU wire goes and my question for that is, is it safe to put this wire on the actual CPU itself, not on the chip part but on the plastic bit surrounding the chip which is in the centre? And where do I place the other two thermal wires?
Old 10-26-2005, 06:14 PM   #17
The Crow
Guest Poster

Hi, is me again! Just wanted to thank those who helped, I got my pc working, installed the new cpu fan and the 2nd fan controller, however this one works without problems, i kinda ruined the orange sticker on the CPU thermal probe and it became non-sticky, and the fan controller doesnt display any CPU temp now, just 0000's. I was wondering if anyone could help me find out how to get the temp to show? Id prefer to have the probe on the cpu itself, thanx
Old 11-10-2005, 06:37 PM   #18
Comp doe doe
Guest Poster

Default Digital Thermal Controller Installation

Hi everyone..

I recently purchased a Logisys Thermal Controller and have no idea how to hook it up. Could someone please post some detailing instructions or link. This would be soooooo appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:22 PM   #19
Greg King
I just kinda show up...

Comp, I will as soon as I get home from work.

Best of luck.

System:
Intel i5 2500K | Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | Crucial M4 128GB SSD
WD 1TB Black x1 | WD 2TB Green x 1 | EVGA 660 Ti Superclocked | Corsair H80 Water Cooler
Fractal Design R3 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Dell 2410 x 3 @ 1920x1200

ESXi Host:
Intel i7 920 @ 3.0 GHz | Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P | 24GB Patriot DDR3 | WD 1TB Black x 2
Greg King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 04:35 PM   #20
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Unhappy Getting that fan controller for christmas

Right im really worried now, parents have ordered it. Not sure if its compatible with my Dell 5100 series. Only can find the Main front fan wire which goes into the Motherboard. The processor uses a heat sink, got a spare bay with a spare 4 pin power thing.

I dont want to blow my PC as its brand new, starting to sweat over the idea.

If someone has any step by step pictures and comments how to install this controller I would be over the moon!!!

In other words, very nervous, HELP!!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 06:31 AM   #22
Cy
Guest Poster

Default sys-r, sys-f, I'm getting sysed-off

I bought this the other day and was about to shelve it for a long while because I did not know what some of the terms were in the small piece of paper that are called instructions.

Could someone clarify what sys-r and sys-f are? I'm guessing sys-f is the fan for the CPU, but what is sys-r?

I also am confused about the HDD wire. Is that an option for replacing the case HDD? Can I choose not to use it without something going wrong with the controller?

Thanks in advance for the help. Am glad I found this forum.
Cy
Old 12-28-2005, 12:57 PM   #23
Greg King
I just kinda show up...

The sys-r/f are thermal probes for (f)ront and (r)ear of the case. You can place one on the front and compare the temps to the back of your case. The HDD connector was something that I didn't even worry about when hooking up the thing. It will tell you when the HDD is spinning but other than that, it serves no other purpose. I hope this helps you but if it hasn't let me know and I will try to explain it better.

System:
Intel i5 2500K | Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 | 16GB G.Skill DDR3 | Crucial M4 128GB SSD
WD 1TB Black x1 | WD 2TB Green x 1 | EVGA 660 Ti Superclocked | Corsair H80 Water Cooler
Fractal Design R3 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Dell 2410 x 3 @ 1920x1200

ESXi Host:
Intel i7 920 @ 3.0 GHz | Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P | 24GB Patriot DDR3 | WD 1TB Black x 2
Greg King is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
None