Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Old 10-10-2005, 12:11 AM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default Corsair TWINX2048-3500LLPRO CAS2

Corsair have just launched what they call the fastest ASUS compatible DDR1 memory on the market. At PC3500 and CAS2, these 1GB sticks soar past the competition. Let's see just how overclockable they are, and see how far we can push them while keeping our beloved CAS2.

After checking out the review here, please feel free to leave any of your comments in the thread.

Suggestions are also welcomed

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:15 AM   #2
Bobbythecat
E.M.I.

Mmm..nothing like a fast, stable memory on a low electricity diet!
Attorney #1: I stepped on a baby bird this morning on the way into the courthouse.
Attorney #2: The jokes are right. We don't have souls.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do."
~ Mark Twain. Many may say something like it, but few act upon it. Woe unto them.
Bobbythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:57 AM   #3
leecho7
Partition Master

Very impressive. A quick question though, what mother boards can handle memory that is above DDR 400 PC3200?
From the mobo's I see most of them are only 'up to DDR400 Pc3200'.
The way we saluting flags, wrapping them around our heads when ni**az ain't become American till 9/11 //Feeling like you gotta sneak into heaven//When the reverend looking like a pimp and the pimp look like the reverend...
People let me paint a picture You know I ain't a christian I ain't a muslim, ain't a jew I'm losing my religion I speak to god directly...
~Around my Way - Talib Kweli

You go to church to find you some religion//And all you hear is connivin' and gossip and contradiction and//You try to vote and participate in the government//And the muh'f***in' Democrats is actin' like Republicans
~The Beautiful Struggle - Talib Kweli
leecho7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:35 PM   #4
Tech-Daddy
Tech Monkey

Smile

Most enthusiast board will run "faster" if you know how to properly overclock the memory. Boards will never "officially" spec their board for a non certified speed, but if you want to tweak the board's BIOS settings, and get your RAM hopping as fast as possible, you buy a higher rate, and then overclock your memory bus to this increased bus speed, the memory should be able to handle the speed it was sold at (hence the higher speed designation) assuming the board can overclock it to that point.

DFI has one of the best memory overclocking (and processor overclocking for that matter) boards on the market.

Asus, Abit, MSI, Gigabyte, pretty much all of the tier1 and tier2 motherboard manufacturers have memory overclocking to some degree. Currently, DFI is the recognized leader.

HTH!
Old 02-24-2006, 08:40 AM   #5
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default minneeeeee

I just bought this RAM with the a8n32-sli mobo, and an AMD FX60 chip. It should all arrive sometime next week!

can't wait.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:50 PM   #6
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

I'm jealous of your CPU :P

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None