Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:31 AM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default Slim Keyboard Shootout: Hiper & Logisys

Keyboards might serve only one primary purpose, but they come in a large variety of shapes and sizes. Some might cater to gamers, others to media buffs... and others to those who want something small. We have two such keyboards here today, from Logisys and Hiper.

You can read Greg's full article here and discuss it here.

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #2
sinagod
Guest Poster

Exclamation Hiper special edition keyboard

When I first got this Hiper keyboard I was excited. It was a step up from my other off the shelf keyboard. It had a nice feel to it along with the functionally I needed. It also has a small footprint which gives me more space on my desktop. I like the way the keys are positioned, in a logical manor. However, six months after I bought it, the keys started sticking. I took it apart and thoroughly cleaned it, re assembled it, but the keys are still sticking. The keys are plastic and sit inside a plastic housing, which makes them stick. I do not recommend this keyboard. There are other boards out their that are of better quality for the same or lower $. For example, the Enermax Aurora kb006-b, of which boasts 10,000,000 key stroke life; because of their scissor design, two USB 2.0 ports on the side and extra function keys that use the native os drivers. Look around before you buy the Hiper board.
Just my 2 cents
Old 04-21-2009, 06:42 AM   #3
Greg King
I just kinda show up...

Thanks for the update sinagod. It's unfortunate that this happens to be the case.

Primary:
Intel i7-5960X | ASUS X99-Deluxe | 16GB Crucial DDR4 | Intel 730 240GB SSD | Crucial M4 256GB SSD
WD 1TB Black x1 | 2 x EVGA 770 GTX Superclocked SLI | Corsair H110 Water Cooler
Corsair 750D | Windows 8.1 x64 | Dell 2410 x 3 @ 5760x1200

ESXi Host:
Intel i5 3570 | ASRock Pro4-M | 24GB Patriot DDR3 | WD 250GB | QNAP NAS iSCSI Shared Storage
Greg King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
Merlin
The Tech Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinagod View Post
When I first got this Hiper keyboard I was excited. It was a step up from my other off the shelf keyboard. It had a nice feel to it along with the functionally I needed. It also has a small footprint which gives me more space on my desktop. I like the way the keys are positioned, in a logical manor. However, six months after I bought it, the keys started sticking. I took it apart and thoroughly cleaned it, re assembled it, but the keys are still sticking. The keys are plastic and sit inside a plastic housing, which makes them stick. I do not recommend this keyboard. There are other boards out their that are of better quality for the same or lower $. For example, the Enermax Aurora kb006-b, of which boasts 10,000,000 key stroke life; because of their scissor design, two USB 2.0 ports on the side and extra function keys that use the native os drivers. Look around before you buy the Hiper board.
Just my 2 cents
Try a light mist of silicon lubricant used for refrigerator door seals.
It won't react with plastic, then remove excess
GTX280 GPU watercooled
Synology NAS 207 Network Server with 2 Hitachi Terabite drives
LG NAS N2R1 with 2 ea 2 tb drives
LINKSYS PLK300 Powerline Network Kit

Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None