Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Software > Gaming

Gaming Anything gaming-related can be discussed here, for PCs, handhelds and consoles.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:01 AM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default Star Wars Retrospective Part 1 Released

From our front-page news:
One of the most recognizable franchises on the planet is Star Wars, but you knew that. What you might not have known, however, was that since the early 80s, there have been countless games created around the series. Alright, maybe not "countless", but after checking out the Wikipedia page dedicated to listing them all, you might just be impressed.

Last summer, GameTrailers released a series of retrospective videos surrounding the Final Fantasy series, which proved to be some of the best gaming-related videos I've seen in a while. Of course, it catered to the big FF fans, and their new Star Wars retrospective is pretty much the same.

Part one was launched on Saturday, and though I'm unsure of how many parts there will be in total, this is no doubt going to be a must-watch for any Star Wars fan, whether you are a modest fan or one with an incredible desire to know everything about the series. The first video takes a look at many titles that spanned across the Atari 2600 and arcades... and chances are, you didn't know half of these games existed.

Despite the franchises choke hold on the children's collectible market, a video game depicting the events from the trilogy wouldn't arrive until 1982. Following the 1980 release of episode five, The Empire Strikes Back, with the meager resources of the 2600, Atari and Parker Brothers made a simple flight game that attempted to recreate the Rebel's desperate escape from the Imperial invasion of the ice planet Hoth.

Source: GameTrailers

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote