Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:09 PM   #16
NicePants42
Partition Master

I doubt that a case is going to effect noise nearly as much as a loud PSU. I would suggest selling your current PSU and buying a quiet one before dropping more money on a case. Selling a case is harder than selling a PSU, usually.
NicePants42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #17
sound-like-henry-hoover
Guest Poster

ok iv reaslised that when my pc is idle and ambiant temps are low, the pc sound so quiet, so iv realised that the noise is coming from my PSU when playin games, in hot temp rooms just using the pc makes it noisy, so would making my case cooler in other ways using silentmethods make my overall noise level minimal like it is when the psu is quiet at idle?when its idle its quiet near silent, im stil considering the accoustic thing, but would additional case cooling help?
Old 05-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #18
NicePants42
Partition Master

That PSU fan is controlled by the temperatures being measured on the heat sources inside the PSU - so you will not able to modify your case in such a way to keep than fan speed down while the PSU is under load - the only way to do that is to open the PSU and attach the fan to an external controller, which will void your warranty. Again, if your PSU is too loud, I suggest selling it and getting a new one that is quieter.
NicePants42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None