Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Software > Gaming

Gaming Anything gaming-related can be discussed here, for PCs, handhelds and consoles.

Old 06-28-2006, 11:51 AM   #16
ddrmaniacaaa
Obliviot

I agree, but somtimes you feel you just need the original NES cart (maybe its just me). Peresonally Im going to cash out my life savings on a PS3. I mean I know we all wanted to see a release date and pricing information, but November is a long way away and $600 is a lot of money (for me at least).
ddrmaniacaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:33 AM   #17
Jakal
Tech Monkey

From what I understand Nintendo titles will be free, but third party games will have a price tag. I've also read in a few articles that sega games would be offered for download too.
Intel C2Quad Q9400 @3.6Ghz | Asus PM5Q Deluxe | OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500 8GB | XFX Black Edition 260/216| knobs are great for twisting, turning, squeezing and pulling... especially your own..... that's how doors open | Chaos Havok: grrrr im lagging me | <@Deathspawner> I wish I was in Windows :-/
Jakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:15 AM   #18
ddrmaniacaaa
Obliviot

sweet, cause most of the classic titles are from nintendo anyway. I wasnt going to buy a wii, but i might just to get my hands on classic games like mario. Maybe Ill go heat up my NES
Old 06-30-2006, 02:21 AM   #19
ddrmaniacaaa
Obliviot

Wii owners access to more than 20 years of games by making NES, SNES, and N64 games available for download online via the Virtual Console, for a fee of course.

I got this from gamespot.

Sorry to inform you, downloadable content will cost money. Im sure it will be cheap though.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:50 PM   #20
Jakal
Tech Monkey

I haven't read any new news since Nintendo changed the Revolution to the Wii. So I guess my information was a bit old. Finding a little more today I read an article containing this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I4U News
At one point there was confusion about Nintendo execs saying the classic Nintendo games would be free to download on the Wii, but I guess we now know for sure that is not going to be the case. According to president Satoru Iwata, the games will run between 500 and 1,000 Yen (which is roughly $5 - $10).
And Sega titles are still in the works. Rumors around say you'll get coupons for free downloads with certain new Wii titles.
Intel C2Quad Q9400 @3.6Ghz | Asus PM5Q Deluxe | OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500 8GB | XFX Black Edition 260/216| knobs are great for twisting, turning, squeezing and pulling... especially your own..... that's how doors open | Chaos Havok: grrrr im lagging me | <@Deathspawner> I wish I was in Windows :-/
Old 06-30-2006, 06:58 PM   #21
leecho7
Partition Master

Emulators and roms for the win!
The way we saluting flags, wrapping them around our heads when ni**az ain't become American till 9/11 //Feeling like you gotta sneak into heaven//When the reverend looking like a pimp and the pimp look like the reverend...
People let me paint a picture You know I ain't a christian I ain't a muslim, ain't a jew I'm losing my religion I speak to god directly...
~Around my Way - Talib Kweli

You go to church to find you some religion//And all you hear is connivin' and gossip and contradiction and//You try to vote and participate in the government//And the muh'f***in' Democrats is actin' like Republicans
~The Beautiful Struggle - Talib Kweli
leecho7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 01:31 AM   #22
Jakal
Tech Monkey

DRM protection is included in the downloads, but you make a fine point. If you can get the games for free.. why pay? To support a company you have come to love and trust, maybe? I'm kinda torn myself. I'm sure it won't take long until a dedicated community of people *coughhackerscough* find a way around the DRM and distribute the files freely, but it probably isn't worth the effor for them. When they can just get a rom.

The Wii is slated to be released with a price tag of $250. Which is definitely within a practical price range. I'm partial to the blue and black colored ones myself.