Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Old 06-14-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default PS2: Atelier Iris 2 - The Azoth of Destiny

AI2 is a completely new game, based in a different world than its predecessor. Yet, with its 2D sprites, can this game really stand up to the ever popular 3D games? I think so, and it'll go to prove that 2D is far from dead, and is still just as fun as ever.

After reading Jens review here, feel free to discuss it here!

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:07 PM   #2
Jakal
Tech Monkey

Classic 2D sidescrolling RPG action? NICE! It may not be my style of game, but it's good to see 2D making a comeback. The graphics aren't tremendous, but it seems like the unique gameplay makes up for that. Nice work Jen.
Intel C2Quad Q9400 @3.6Ghz | Asus PM5Q Deluxe | OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500 8GB | XFX Black Edition 260/216| knobs are great for twisting, turning, squeezing and pulling... especially your own..... that's how doors open | Chaos Havok: grrrr im lagging me | <@Deathspawner> I wish I was in Windows :-/
Jakal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:44 PM   #3
leecho7
Partition Master

I played the first one and enjoyed it alot. Never got a chance to play the second one yet. BUt I definately will.
The way we saluting flags, wrapping them around our heads when ni**az ain't become American till 9/11 //Feeling like you gotta sneak into heaven//When the reverend looking like a pimp and the pimp look like the reverend...
People let me paint a picture You know I ain't a christian I ain't a muslim, ain't a jew I'm losing my religion I speak to god directly...
~Around my Way - Talib Kweli

You go to church to find you some religion//And all you hear is connivin' and gossip and contradiction and//You try to vote and participate in the government//And the muh'f***in' Democrats is actin' like Republicans
~The Beautiful Struggle - Talib Kweli
leecho7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:59 AM   #4
Jen McPherson
Resident Artist Nerd

Talking

Yeah, the 2D-ness of it fits right and being a big rpg player I actually like 2D a lot, with FF6 and Shinning Force being my favorite 2D style rpg's. ^^ Its a good game, and the repetative parts are typical of most games. After a while any game gets that way. But I found it was a good game, and will try to get my hands on the first one to see how they differ.

Visit my art portfolio: http://astral-deva.deviantart.com/
Jen McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 12:30 PM   #5
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

That game would be perfect for the DS or the PSP. I assume since it's on PS2, if it came to any handheld, it may be the PSP.

Great review though. 2D games will -never- die.

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter

Old 06-18-2006, 03:12 PM   #6
leecho7
Partition Master

Shining Force was an awesome game too. FF6 is probably my all time favorite japanese rpg ever. I don't care what anyone says, but Locke was the coolest character ever.
The way we saluting flags, wrapping them around our heads when ni**az ain't become American till 9/11 //Feeling like you gotta sneak into heaven//When the reverend looking like a pimp and the pimp look like the reverend...
People let me paint a picture You know I ain't a christian I ain't a muslim, ain't a jew I'm losing my religion I speak to god directly...
~Around my Way - Talib Kweli

You go to church to find you some religion//And all you hear is connivin' and gossip and contradiction and//You try to vote and participate in the government//And the muh'f***in' Democrats is actin' like Republicans
~The Beautiful Struggle - Talib Kweli
leecho7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:15 PM   #7
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecho7
Shining Force was an awesome game too. FF6 is probably my all time favorite japanese rpg ever. I don't care what anyone says, but Locke was the coolest character ever.
I agree about it being the best JAP RPG... I agree completely. Kefka was a great looking character there also.

Old 06-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #8
Jakal
Tech Monkey

Kefka eat babies.
Intel C2Quad Q9400 @3.6Ghz | Asus PM5Q Deluxe | OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500 8GB | XFX Black Edition 260/216| knobs are great for twisting, turning, squeezing and pulling... especially your own..... that's how doors open | Chaos Havok: grrrr im lagging me | <@Deathspawner> I wish I was in Windows :-/
Old 06-19-2006, 03:14 PM   #9
Jen McPherson
Resident Artist Nerd

Talking

Kefka eats babies... XD ya know... he probably does ^^ Kefka is awesome. Kefka is also the only 2D character I know of that flips you off. ^^

Visit my art portfolio: http://astral-deva.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Jen McPherson; 06-19-2006 at 03:23 PM.
Jen McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:47 PM   #10
Jakal
Tech Monkey

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/63421

Spoofing FF before it went 3d. By your avatar I'm positive you'll enjoy.

Tags
None