Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Site HQ > Site and Forum Comments & Issues

Site and Forum Comments & Issues Comments? Suggestions? Out-right flames? Found a bug? Feel free to post about it here!

Old 05-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default Removed the Site Content Feed from the forums

Hi all:

Due to a combination of the fact that it was not heavily utilized and the fact that vBulletin tends to suck where fine-tuning is concerned, I removed the Site Content Feed from our forums. This was introduced late last fall alongside a redesign as a way to allow forum-goers quicker-access to our recent content. However, it seems more sensical for said users to just visit the front page of the site, where everything is presented in a much cleaner and efficient manner.

The main reason to remove this is that our news posts would often fill up the Latest Forum Posts section on the front-page... it just looked horrible. There was no reliable way around this.

Thanks!

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote