Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Site HQ > Site and Forum Comments & Issues

Site and Forum Comments & Issues Comments? Suggestions? Out-right flames? Found a bug? Feel free to post about it here!

Old 03-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default Our Tech Roundup posts have become weekly

Hi all:

Beginning with the Tech Roundup posted this past Monday, we've moved to a weekly format, replacing the weekday publishing schedule we adhered to for the past six years. There are a couple of different reasons we settled on this new schedule, though two major factors ruled them all:

1) Producing tech roundups each weekday was tedious; not only with the actual work of producing them, but making sure that one gets up each morning. It was never fun having to take a break from actual writing or testing just to jot up a Tech Roundup, believe me ;-)

2) There's more bang for your buck with a weekly publishing. Most often, each of our weekday roundups had 20 items listed, so overall there wasn't ever a great chance that something would grab you. But with a weekly schedule, our roundups could have 100 links or more, making the chances of you finding something intriguing much better.

In time, I'm hoping to move to another format that would rid the roundups entirely, and instead move to a live-update page with news that comes in. But for now, this shall suffice!

Thanks guys!

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
Kougar
Techgage Staff

Definitely for the better I think.

Not to mention, it's easier to find and search a single weekly post for specific parts than it is to attempt to search them all at once through the site search box!
EVGA GTX 480 HydroCopper FTW
ASUS Xonar DX
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB | Windows 7 64-bit
Apogee XT + MCP655 & Thermochill Triple 140mm Radiator
Corsair AX1200 PSU | Cooler Master HAF-X

Kougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
Brett Thomas
Senior Editor

I, too, vote for this as a win.
Brett Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote