Your eyes are not deceiving you: NVIDIA has just dropped a brand-new GeForce driver, and it’s not a beta! At the forefront, the 331.58 WHQL driver adds official support for Batman: Arkham Origins (due out on Friday) and Battlefield 4 (due out next Tuesday), along with the usual onslaught of profile updates (SLI and otherwise). In addition, the Ambient Occlusion feature that had been added to recent beta drivers has been merged into this final release, allowing you to force AO in select games that don’t natively support it.
(Click here for a comparison to non-HBAO+ version)
If you want to learn a lot more about HBAO, hit-up the detailed tech page over at NVIDIA’s GeForce.com site.
Also, this driver adds official support for 4K Surround, a technology we talked about just last week.
The full list of games affected by the 331.58 driver, and their update:
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – Updated Profile
- Batman: Arkham Origins – Updated SLI Profile
- Battlefield 3 – Updated Surround Profile
- Battlefield 4 – Updated Surround Profile, Updated SLI Profile
- Crisis 2015 – Added SLI Profile
- Crysis 3 – Added HBAO+ Profile
- Dirty Bomb (a.k.a. Extraction) – Added DX9 SLI Profile
- Dragon Sword – Updated DX9 Profile
- Dying Light – Added DX11 SLI Profile
- Euro Truck Simulator 2 – Updated SLI Profile
- F1 2013 – Updated SLI Profile
- FIFA 14 – Added SLI Profile, Added HBAO+ Profile, Added 3D Vision Profile (Rated “Good”)
- GRID 2 – Updated DX11 Profile
- Natural Selection 2 – Added DX11 SLI Profile
- Outlast – Added DX9 SLI Profile
- Space Hulk – Updated Profile
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist – Updated SLI Profile
- State of Decay – Added DX9 SLI Profile
- Urban Trial Freestyle – Added 3D Vision Profile (Rated “Good”)
- War of the Vikings – Added DX11 SLI Profile
- Watch Dogs – Added DX11 SLI Profile
Ready to upgrade? Grab the driver here.