NVIDIA has been on a driver-release rampage lately, and with all of the games set to launch this month, it’s no surprise to see yet another release which introduces profiles for those, along with upgrades for past games.
In particular, NVIDIA makes mention of SimCity, StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, Resident Evil 6 and Hawken PhysX, but ignores Tomb Raider, which releases tomorrow. We’re not sure if this is a deliberate jab on account of that game being pushed heavily by AMD, but we do hope this latest driver will work fine with that game as well.
Edit: Using NVIDIA Inspector, we found that an SLI profile for Tomb Raider has existed in the driver since at least 314.07. Just how optimized it is, is another story.
A couple of notable performance improvements:
GeForce GTX 680
- Up to 23% in Sniper Elite V2
- Up to 9% in Sleeping Dogs
GeForce GTX 680 SLI
- Up to 22% in Sniper Elite V2
- Up to 14% in Sleeping Dogs
- Up to 9% in StarCraft II
- Up to 5% in Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Up to 5% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Up to 5% in Just Cause 2
- Up to 4% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Up to 4% in Batman: Arkham City
- Updates SLI profile for Resident Evil 6
- Adds SLI profile for Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army (delivered via NVIDIA Update)
You can grab the latest beta driver here, and check out the GeForce.com article here.