Thecus, a company we have long been familiar with, announced this week two new NAS devices aimed directly at the SMB and enterprise market. Known by most of our readers for its quality home NAS offerings, Thecus has spent a considerable amount of effort catering to IT professionals with larger bay capacity, VMware ESXi v5.5 iSCSI certification, and 10GbE connections.
The company’s two latest models, the N7710 and N8810U, are tower and rack-mounted designs, respectively, and ship with an impressive list of specs for storage devices.
- Powerful yet efficient Intel Pentium G850 Dual Core 2.9GHz CPU
- 4GB DDR3 ECC RAM, expandable up to 32GB
- Upgradeable to 10GbE
- HDMI, VGA, two USB 3.0, six USB 2.0, and two 1 GbE ports
- RAID 0 to 60 (N8810U) and JBOD supported
- Free Acronis True Image and McAfee Antivirus
- VMware ESXi 5.5 iSCSi certified
- iSCSI Thin Provisioning supported
With the addition of Acronis True Image and McAfee Antivirus software as packaged extras, the latest offerings from Thecus provide value far beyond the hardware specs suggest. The N7710 and N8810U come at a cost of $1,099 and $1,899 USD, respectively. Not included in those prices are disks and 10GbE cards.