Before I attempted to overclock anything, I ran MemTest 1.65 overnight to make sure there were no errors at stock. When I find a new setting I want to test, I load up MemTest again. To make sure my current setting is stable, I run MemTest’s #5 test in a loop of 3 and it’s test #8 in a loop of 2. Once that’s done, I consider it a stable overclock and continue up the ladder. My highest overclock is one that still uses a stock CAS setting. Here are my results:
My final overclock attempt, DDR2-825 proved error free in a MemTest run over the course of 10 hours. I am quite impressed by the overclocking ability here, I was able to push them further than I originally anticipated. Granted, I had to raise the TRCD and TRP, but the benchmarking results prove that it’s hardly an issue! Speaking of benchmarking results, let’s get right to them.
There is a newer version of EVEREST available, but it’s results were jumping all over the place which is why I chose to use last years version. Each test is run three times and the average of the three are the final result.
Since I am pretty new to the DDR2 world, these results impressed me quite a bit. At stock speeds the modules yielded near 6,000MB/s read and overclocked was just short of breaking through the 8,000MB/s mark! We can see that the overclocking tightened up the latency quite a bit also. 20ns difference from stock to overclocked is quite a large difference.
Support our efforts! With ad revenue at an all-time low for written websites, we're relying more than ever on reader support to help us continue putting so much effort into this type of content. You can support us by becoming a Patron, or by using our Amazon shopping affiliate links listed through our articles. Thanks for your support!